[Cialug] LS ?

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Fri Apr 27 10:53:05 CDT 2007

Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 10:35 -0500, David Champion wrote:
>> In RedHat, the shade of blue is so dark you can barely read it. In
>> Mandriva & debian, it's a lot lighter.
>>
>> You can change it, but it's yet another PITA about RH.
>
> What version/terminal program?  Using gnome-terminal on every Fedora
> release in recent memory I've always had a white background.
>
> Jeff

Yeah, but you wouldn't actually USE a white background term window would
you? That's so n00b. Every nerd worth his salt sets it to a black
background with green text. You know, so you get the retro "green
screen" look, and when you're grepping through your logs, it looks like
The Matrix, right?

99% of my interaction with RH boxen is via Putty terminal windows - I
rarely get on the actual console of one.

-dc