[Cialug] HDHomeRun

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Thu Apr 26 18:55:38 CDT 2007

Oh, they don't use it to *watch* the television.  They store all the
channels and participate in a distributed computing exercise to uncover
the hidden messages in the advertising.  They then infer from this
advertising the likely trends of the stock market (mostly NASDAQ) and
combine this knowledge with their distributed DVR network to engage in
limited DDOS attacks to affect market timings.  That, they use to invest
appropriately to gain huge windfalls based on small transactions.

The proceeds, of course, go towards buying more DVR equipment.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

On 4/26/07, Jeffrey C. Ollie <jeff at ocjtech.us> wrote:
> Interesting new doohickey for those of you into home- brew DVR

Every time the subject turns to DVR I kind of come up blank.  I find
myself wondering how someone geeky enough to build their own DVR would
find the time to watch television.

I know there are people out there who do it.  It just seems so...
alien.

- todd