[Cialug] Intel PRO/Wireless ipw3945

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Wed Apr 25 09:26:14 CDT 2007

According to Google this integrated wireless card should work.  Using opensuse it requires the ip3945d and ipw-firmware packages.  Those are installed but no  dice.  When I try to modprobe ipw3945 I get errors in dmesg about undefined symbols.  This eventually led me to thinking maybe it doesn't like the stock ieee80211 subsystem with the default kernel I have so I tried grabbing the latest ieee80211 stuff.  Problem with that is I'm not sure how to configure the system to use that package instead of the kernel's.  I tried to disable it in the kernel but there are so many other options that force it to be included that I can't do it.

So any thoughts on where to go next?

--Tony