[Cialug] Hi....

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 21:11:47 CDT 2007

On 4/24/07, Jesse Welling <jesse.welling at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi every one, just thought I should send out a first post kind of
> thing. I just moved from Montana to Iowa and figured I should lay down
> some roots, so to speak....

Hello and welcome!  I sent my first post only a few months ago myself.
 Planning on coming to the next meeting?

> As for what I do with Linux, I mostly use it as a desktop/laptop OS.
> Debian is my distro of choice, mostly because I started with Ubuntu
> about 2 years ago. I also have a side project involving a Gumstix and
> an RC car, but that's slow going at the moment.

I'm also a Debian/Ubuntu guy.  Has anyone here ever conducted a poll
(say on cialug.org) of member's distro preferences?  That might be an
interesting graph.  Also interesting would be the other perennial
flamebait polls like vi-alikes vs. emacsen, Gnome vs. KDE, etc.  But I
digress.

That Gumstix thing sounds interesting.  I do embedded systems and
[obviously] care more than a little about Linux.  In fact, I'm always
on the lookout for ways to get into actually doing embedded linux for
a living.  What would your Gumstix RC car do?

--
Nathan P. Stien
Consulting Engineer / Software Developer