[Cialug] Need some help with video

Dean w5gxl at arrl.net
Tue Apr 24 20:45:20 CDT 2007

Hello
I live in the winter in South Texas.  We want to put up a video system
around the resort we live in.
I need to have about 6 cameras that could be hard wired and 3 camera
that are remote.
I wanted to use Linux as it is a stable system.   I live in Iowa in the
summer and need to make sure it is running OK.
We need to be able to connect into the system via the net from Canada
in the Summer.
Switching from camera to camera.   Also recording all cameras for a
short time.
Am I off in left field??  Can we do this without selling off our house
and car??   I have most of the summer to think and work this out.
Thanks..

73
Dean   W5GXL