[Cialug] changing linux source code

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 10:44:19 CDT 2007

On 4/20/07, Matthew Nuzum <matthew.nuzum at canonical.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 10:24 -0500, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
>
> > I have an awesome one that i like, although its getting a bit old. It's
> > called "Linux Programming Starter Kit" It's by "Gay" (the author's name)
> > and it's one of those "Sam's Teach Yourself ... in 24 hours" books.
>
> > Its a pretty cheap book, too. Easy read, easy to follow.

Hmm, yeah, I took "modify linux's source code" to mean Aaron wanted to
modify the kernel.  This book (or something like it) is definitely a
prerequisite to getting to the kernel-hacking level.

Aaron:
If you don't feel like you know everything in this type of book, you
would be well advised to get it before moving on to the ones I
mentioned. :-)

--
Nathan P. Stien
Consulting Engineer / Software Developer