[Cialug] Meeting Tonight - Addendum

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Wed Apr 18 14:51:54 CDT 2007

Alliance will be giving away another bit of hardware at the meeting
tonight.
It is a rack-mount server, sans disks and RAM.  Everything worked the
last time we tested it.

It's a dual proc Pentium 3/4 (that era).  I can't tell you exactly
because it's missing RAM and I don't want to rip off the heatsinks.
At one point, it was quite good at running Exchange 2000 for about 100
people, and later it ran GroupWise, so it's certainly capable.

If two or more people want the server, they must settle their
differences by playing competitive Frozen Bubble - best score wins.
Steve Simpson, as the representative of Alliance, may decide if "best"
means "highest", "lowest", or "most mathematically interesting".

Enjoy.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701