[Cialug] google maps

Tom Poe tompoe at fngi.net
Tue Apr 10 19:28:08 CDT 2007

Dave Weis wrote:

> Has anyone done any programming to display their own data on google
> maps? Can you explain how it works?
>
> dave

Dave:  When I register the unit/node, I enter the MAC address and serial
number of the unit.  I think Google picks up that as the dynamic
location identifier, and uses the IP address of the unit to identify it
as a Meraki unit.  But, if you go to the documentation for Meraki.net by
way of netequality.org , http://www.netequality.org/docs.html
you should be able to get the correct info there.  If not, Dave Cannard
or Mike B. can answer your question as they're the "horse's mouth".
They'll also give you help to design your own reporting requirements.
Tom