[Cialug] Iowa Telecom and Qwest

Aaron Porter atporter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 16:24:22 CDT 2007

On 4/5/07, Dave Weis <djweis at internetsolver.com> wrote:
> I would rather be oversold on bandwidth than seats. Slow internet isn't as
> bad to me as a consumer than sitting in an airport for another day.

Amen to that! The ISP I use is heavily oversold on their DSL side
(well over 100x oversold), yet literally nobody I've spoken to in the
last 6 years has ever gotten less than their full rated speed.

Even people like me that get 99% of their music and TV online aren't
pulling down 24/7 (not even when I leave p2p stuff running) -- and
most people only use their connection from 5-8pm (when I'm happily
consuming the media I downloaded all day).