[Cialug] Cingular Sierra Wireless 2G/3G configuration with pppd

John.Lengeling at radisys.com John.Lengeling at radisys.com
Thu Apr 5 15:57:14 CDT 2007

cialug-bounces at cialug.org wrote on 04/05/2007 03:38:24 PM:

> On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 15:17 -0500, John.Lengeling at radisys.com wrote:
> > I am seeing about 30-40K/sec throughput which I think is pretty good.
>
> KB/s or Kb/s? I've often wondered who well those worked. 30-40KB/s is ~
> 384k dsl isn't it?

KB/s = Kb/s = K bytes/second in my book.
Kbps = K bits per second.

Yes I was seeing the equivalent of 256-384k dsl line except for the
latency.  I need to play around with this some more.   I saw a marked
improvement moving the laptop upstairs next to a window versus the main
floor of the house inside a room.

I just want to make sure this all works out for my sister before I am
stuck with the card.   I still have about 2 weeks to return it.

FYI: The cost if $60/mo with no data limit if you already are a Cingular
subscriber.

johnl