[Cialug] Xubuntu question

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Wed Apr 4 14:22:22 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 13:23 -0500, Stuart Thiessen wrote:
> I just wanted to let you all know that I did get that xubuntu installed
> and figured out getting lilo working. So that is done.
>
> Now I have a strange situation ... I can ping outside our network, but
> I cannot get Firefox to bring up websites, but Konqueror can. I tried
> Galleon, Epiphany, Kazehakase without any luck either.
>
> Any ideas why that would be?

Nope.

But, you've obviously given up before using the *best* web browser.

  sudo apt-get install w3m w3m-img
  w3m http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Rogers

In case you've never seen a console browser show images, brace your
self, it's insane. http://people.ubuntu.com/~mnuzum/tmp/w3m.png

OK, just kidding, w3m isn't that good, but it is a fun alternative to
lynx. Maybe its the "best" browser the way "ed" is the best editor. :-)
--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode