[Cialug] Iowa Telecom and Qwest

Neal Daringer neal.daringer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 13:31:07 CDT 2007

cable really doesnt have lag if you have a good install. if you are there
for the installation and make sure they dont half ass it then you should be
good. according to my cablemodems logs i've had ~2.1% downtime in the last 3
years, mostly from storms that knocked the power out in my neighborhood. and
hell i get 8mbps down/512 kbps up now which is more than enough for any type
of application. granted this was implemented while im over here in iraq and
all i can see is what i use in ssh but from what i've seen it is going at
the prescribed speeds and my wife has never had any complaints. i would
never suggest to host anything on it, of course(same would go for DSL).