[Cialug] Tk for windows activeperl

Jerry Heiselman jweida at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 15:49:51 CDT 2006

Try using the Win32::GUI module.  That along with Win32::GUI::Loft (a
simple windows framework) will allow you to build GUIs for Windows in
Perl in no time.

http://user.bahnhof.se/~johanl/perl/Loft/

While Tk is nice for cross-platform work, Win32::GUI actually taps
into the Win32 window controls so you get a native looking
application.

If you need cross-platform, then I would recommend wxWidgets (with the
Perl bindings being called wxPerl).  It's significantly more
complicated to use, but is cross-platform and still binds to the
native window handlers of your OS so you will get native looking
applications.

--
Jerry