[Cialug] Apache calendar backend

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Mon Sep 18 12:49:05 CDT 2006

On Monday 18 September 2006 12:13, Tony Bibbs wrote:
>Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
>> it would be a slight hassle to set up; first the
>> Horde framework (with all its dependencies), then Kronolith itself.
>
>Under-statement of the year.  I may be the only one but I find Horde
> and Horde apps to be a tremendous pain.  Sure, you can get it
> working...with a healthy dose of time and patience.

I've been working with a Horde installation for about a year running on
a Red Hat server. It was not difficult to set up, but did take some
time and attention to details. I just had to read all the install
documentation and pay attention to what PHP modules needed to be turned
on. I found it to be easier than getting most C programs to compile,
though. [rant about C deleted]