[Cialug] plug and plan OSS j2ee app

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Fri Sep 8 21:06:23 CDT 2006

I'd like to write a little documentation about setting up a variety of
j2ee environments on an Ubuntu Server.

Getting Java et al is not too hard, but most tutorials leave you with a
working tomcat or whatever and then say, "Here you go, have fun!" Sounds
good, but its extremely frustrating to someone who is trying to learn j2ee.

Therefore I'd like to take it beyond and give them a working application
or two so that they can actually see that everything is dandy. Any
recommendations for not-too-complex j2ee apps that you can pretty much
just drop into tomcat or Jonas or whatever and have them start working?
Ideally it would be something shiny and cool that makes people say, "hey
look what my new linux server can do!"

Database agnostic would be nice as well.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode