[Cialug] Ubuntu 6.06 and 6.06.1

Stephen Hawkins ng0g at mchsi.com
Fri Sep 8 03:48:35 CDT 2006

CIALUG,

At the last meeting I noticed that it appeared that Ubuntu CDs were being
collected, I believe to hand out at the upcoming install fest.  I just got
some in the mail from Ubuntu.  They were 6.06.   The latest is 6.06.1.  It
appears the 6.06 has a broken "update manager", at least the ones I got.  On
the CDs I got, both "update manager" and "apt get" are broken.  After beating
my head against the wall for a couple of days I finally got notified on the
Ubuntu forum that the problem was fixed in the 6.06.1 release.

It is possible that the disks I saw at the meeting are different then the ones
I got in the mail, but it might be prudent to try one of them before handing
them out.

Thanks,
Steve
--