[Cialug] WiFi Connection not working

Brandon Griffis brandongriffis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 15:03:11 CST 2006

Looks like you don't have a default route or a nameserver.  That would
certainly keep you from connecting to anything.  This is how mine looks:

goku gamble # route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
Iface
192.168.2.0     *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth1
loopback        goku.xxxxxx.xxx 255.0.0.0       UG    0      0        0 lo
default         192.168.2.1     0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth1

goku gamble # cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 192.168.2.1
search Belkin
domain xxxxxx.xxx

What's strange is that your route table knows the network address, but isn't
getting the gateway address.  You could try adding a nameserver and default
route of 10.19.51.1 to see if that works.  The only other thing I can think
is try re-running dhcpcd.  I'm not sure how it works in SuSE.  You might
want to see if it's a service in /etc/init.d and restart it there.  If you
can't find that you could clear that file and re-run it to see if it
propogates the correct info.

-G