[Cialug] WiFi Connection not working

Jim Asbille jim.asbille at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 14:14:04 CST 2006

The library is open and it does broadcast the ESSID.  iwconfig indicates the
correct ESSID.  I can ping the Local IP successfully but when I ping Google
the network cannot be found.

The W200 uses the Orinoco_cs driver, I had a heck of a time finding it but I
can see my wireless card now on ifconfig and it is assigned to eth1.  When I
type in dhcpcd eth1 I get

****dhcpcd: already running
****dhcpcd: if not then delete /var/run//dhcpcd_eth1.pid file
ifconfig gives

Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:08:02:F6:0E:FE
inet addr:10.19.51.109  Bcast:10.19.51.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::208:2ff:fef6:efe/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST NOTRAILERS RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:122 errors:0 dropped:0  overruns:0  frame:0
TX packets:108  errors:0  dropped:0  overruns:0  carrier:0
collisions:0  txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:21931  (21.4 kb) TX bytes:14927 (14.5 Kb)