[Cialug] text munging

carl-olsen at mchsi.com carl-olsen at mchsi.com
Thu Oct 26 07:25:26 CDT 2006

It looks like the last field is just a string with spaces at every 7th character.  It should be easy to split such a string into an array.  Will that fix it?

If you actually have empty fields, then you could do the reverse with the non-empty fields and combine them into an array.

I don't know what programming languages you use, but this should be easy in PHP, Java, C#, or JavaScript.  I haven't used PERL for so long, I can remember anything about it, but I suspect it is just as easy to do in PERL or any other programming language.

Carl Olsen
http://www.carl-olsen.com/

-------------- Original message from Dave Weis <djweis at internetsolver.com>: --------------