[Cialug] Oooh, Barracuda (WAS: Sendmail spam rejection)

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 19:00:30 CDT 2006

On 10/24/06, Dave Weis <djweis at internetsolver.com> wrote:

> We have a Barracuda that does this very well. It attempts an SMTP
> connection to the backend server when it sees a new address.

At work, our current spam protection solution sucks.  And that's
putting it mildly.  I'm familiar with spamassasin, but I'm looking for
something more appliance-y and end-user-friendly.

What's your overall assesment of the Barracuda, Dave?  A simple thumbs
up/thumbs down will suffice, unless you want to expound.

thanks,
kristau