[Cialug] mysql triggers -- figured them out

Daniel.Juliano at wellsfargo.com Daniel.Juliano at wellsfargo.com
Mon Oct 23 13:18:24 CDT 2006

Well, I couldn't tell you exactly when Access got stored procs, but
that's what our Access 'developers' tell me.

I've been lucky enough to have been coding against db's with stored
procs in multi-developer environments the last six years, and you'll see
that triggers make sense as the number of apps / devs using the database
scale.  You might also find that avoiding triggers + procs as much as
possible and including your data rules as part of the database design
(normalizing data and using constraints such as foreign keys) will save
a lot of headache.

=Dan

  _____