[Cialug] DMACC Update

Kevin C. Smith kevin at linuxsmith.com
Wed Oct 18 15:22:54 CDT 2006

Dave & Josh volunteered to speak at DMACC this semester. I've received a
reply regarding the schedule:

###################

The class meets on FRIDAYS from 1200 to 3:00.  Any day/Friday they can
make it, just let me know and I'll inform the class. We have 10 students
total.

If they could address...
--linux beginnings
--common linux/unix use in business and the home
--open source/GNU, etc discussion
--what would they recommend to students for ways to better learn linux
--any other items they want to discuss that will help increase our
understanding of the linux OS.
--very informal, it's a small class and they like to ask questions. (at
least most of them do)

The atrium demo deal would be best on any day but Friday, and the best
time would be from 1100 to maybe 1:00pm--ish.  That would hit the bulk
of the students during lunch and midday 'free' time.

Thanks again very much for this great offer!!
JN

Looks like some good topic ideas.
Josh & Dave Weis I'll send his email address to you later so you
can set up a time with him.

--
Kevin C. Smith