[Cialug] Bind...

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Thu Oct 12 13:27:45 CDT 2006

Just a follow-up in case anybody finds it helpful...during my last
emerge of bind under Gentoo to patch a security hole in Bind, apparently
the old bind process didn't die when I did a restart so I somehow had
two bind instances running.  The old one kept sending the old serials
with the old settings for one of my domains.  It was frustrating as hell
to figure out but a quick fix once I had the "ah-ha" moment.

--Tony