[Cialug] SpamAssassin 3.1.5 using DCC

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Thu Oct 5 14:44:14 CDT 2006

Do any of your currently use DCC in combination with SpamAssassin? I'm
trying to get it set up.  Here is what I have in my local.cf file for SA:

loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC
# DCCifd Options
use_dcc 1
dcc_timeout 10
dcc_home /var/dcc
dcc_path /var/dcc

However, when I restart SA, I see this in the maillog:

spamd[828]: rules: meta test DIGEST_MULTIPLE has undefined dependency
'DCC_CHECK'

I have dccifd running fine:

dccifd[32315]: 1.3.37 listening to /etc/dcc/dccifd

dccifd[32315]: 1.3.37 detected 0 spam, ignored for 0, rejected for 0,
and discarded for 0 targets among 0 total messages for 0 targets since
10/04/06 15:05:12

I'm running this on CentOS 3.7, using these rpms:

spamassassin-tools-3.1.5-1.el3.rf
spamassassin-3.1.5-1.el3.rf
DCC-1.3.37-14.el3.at

SA is doing a great job of catching most of the spam, I was just hoping
to catch a little more of the small percentage still slipping through
using DCC.  I've followed this link, but there must still be an issue:

http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/dist/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Plugin_DCC.html
--

                                 -Mike Staver
                                  staver at fimble.com
                                  mstaver at globaltaxnetwork.com

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to
purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither
Liberty nor Safety."

	- Benjamin Franklin