[Cialug] RedHat ES 4 - static IP's?

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Mon Nov 20 10:52:32 CST 2006

No references to dhcp in any of the ifcfg files. There's no ifcfg-eth1:1
or anything like that. This first server has no ifcfg-eth0, the other
one does, with BOOTPROTO=dhcp, but ONBOOT=no, so I don't think that's an
issue.

Here's the ifcfg-eth1 (after I changed BOOTPROTO=static). I looked at
the ifup script, looks to me like it's checking for the word "dhcp", and
any other value it treats as a static address.

DEVICE=eth1
HWADDR=00:18:8B:33:64:56
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet