[Cialug] So who didn't see this one coming?

Dave J. Hala Jr. dave at 58ghz.net
Fri Nov 17 15:34:40 CST 2006

I ran GW 5.2 and 5.5 on Netware 3 and 4.x.  I remember being really
peeved when 5.2 kept abending on my new dual 400mhz xeon server. Turns
out that 5.2 didn't have dual cpu support.

It was painful to admin and setup. However, the GW client didn't have as
many of the  virus issues that Outlook had -and GW as an MTA was
reasonably fast for the time. You had to rebuild the mail database on a
regular basis and that was painful and time consuming. Of course GW was
much better than DaVinci...

If I would have known any better back then, I have would installed
postfix on a linux box.