[Cialug] So who didn't see this one coming?

Brandon Griffis brandongriffis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 12:55:39 CST 2006

Back then Netware was the only way to really do network shared drives for
windows clients that was relatively stable.  Netware was pretty good, but
Novell thought it was the perfect product and they could charge anything for
it.  Which is why they ended up with no money the first time.

Copied snippet from an email of mine on another list:

By taking this cash they're arguably admiting that their customers need
"protection" from IP suits from Microsoft.  This translates to being aware
of IP infringements.  As a Linux distributor SuSE is bound by the GPL.  If
they know of IP infringing software in the system and haven't moved to
report/change it they are in violation of section 7 of the GPL and are not
permited to redistribute Linux.  Any way this goes it ends bad for
Novell/SuSE.