[Cialug] Ok, Introduction..

Jim Cole jrcole at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 11:38:08 CST 2006

I signed up for the APC event and so I might see some of you guys there.

I wanted to introduce myself since I haven't attended any meetings and I'm a
newbie to Iowa.

I've worked in IT for almost 20 years..first in a television station (9
years) and now I work for McKesson Corp implementing surgical systems in
hospitals around the country. McKesson is huge on telecommuting so they've
let me live in Mankato, Mn(3 years), Rhode Island(5 years) and now Nevada,
IA(6 months) other than the 1.5 years working out of the office in
Roseville, Mn.

I either travel to the customer data centers and/or connect into them
remotely from my house to do my work..which is mostly on SQL 2000/2005 and
Windows 2000/2003 machines but I've also spent a few years on HPs, IBMs and
even DG unix machines running Oracle.

I'm liking Iowa..my family(wife and 2 kids) are liking it. I think this is
the place where I belong.

Anyway, I'd like to network with you guys and get some IT friends from the
area. Since I work out of my house and my office is in Mn(I go there once a
year)..It's hard to actually meet local IT people. I think if I had a local
job it'd be different but you're kind of isolated when you work from home.

I'll see some of you at the APC event,
-Jim