[Cialug] MS class action

John.Lengeling at radisys.com John.Lengeling at radisys.com
Mon Nov 13 14:03:48 CST 2006

He was called up by the Feds not the county.  I have heard several stories
from people on Fed cases which dragged out over months...

johnl

Bryan Baker <ka_klick at mac.com>
Sent by: cialug-bounces at cialug.org
11/13/2006 01:33 PM
Please respond to
Central Iowa Linux Users Group <cialug at cialug.org>

Central Iowa Linux Users Group <cialug at cialug.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Cialug] MS class action

Isn't this a federal case? I doubt the jury pool is the same in the
federal system from the county system, but I could be talking out my
hat - but if nothing else they are held in 2 completely seperate
buildings. At any rate I believe you would need to have been summoned
for federal duty to sit on this case.

On Nov 13, 2006, at 10:53 AM, John.Lengeling at radisys.com wrote:
> Guy at work here has jury duty this week too.   My guess is since
> he is in the field that they might excuse him....  Wouldn't want
> someone who know anything about computers to listen to the case.
>
> johnl
>

> Barry Von Ahsen <barry at vonahsen.com>
> Sent by: cialug-bounces at cialug.org
> 11/13/2006 08:58 AM
> Please respond to
> Central Iowa Linux Users Group <cialug at cialug.org>

> Central Iowa Linux Users Group <cialug at cialug.org>
> cc
> Subject
> Re: [Cialug] MS class action
>

> Dave Weis wrote:
> >
> > I was down at the courthouse a few days ago looking at a wiring
> project
> > and got to meet the judge that is trying the Microsoft class action
> > lawsuit. I told him to give them hell :-)
> >

> guess who's got jury duty today
>
> I'm trying to guess how quickly I'll be dismissed :)
>
> -barry

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise
of fighting a foreign enemy." -James Madison