[Cialug] mysql index/unique

carl-olsen at mchsi.com carl-olsen at mchsi.com
Thu Nov 9 12:19:42 CST 2006

Unique index means no duplicates.  A regular index allows duplicates.  I'm not sure I understand indexing, but I think it keeps a separate table with only that column(s) for faster lookups.  It appear that you can also specify a column with unique values that is not indexed.

Carl

-------------- Original message from Barry Von Ahsen <barry at vonahsen.com>: --------------