[Cialug] firewall distros

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Wed May 31 17:18:33 CDT 2006

I'm looking at updating a dedicated linux firewall box, and was curious
what people were using.

We've gone from a Coyote LRP system to a general purpose OS (currently
Mandriva). We've never had a problem with the firewall box per se... but
  would like it to be as secure as possible, and easy to use - some kind
of gui/curses or html interface would be nice. The current system is
using an iptables script, which isn't terrible to update, but not always
the most user friendly.

Do any of them have the Linux Bandwidth Arbitrator included? The author
of that did a presentation to the LUG a while back... it looked pretty
slick - http://www.bandwidtharbitrator.com/

I've been doing some looking at distrowatch.com in the firewall distro
category, but haven't decided on one yet.

-dc