[Cialug] Vista benefits you (was: graphics accelerator)

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Mon May 8 14:15:13 CDT 2006

I think Vista may be a blessing to everyone wanting better video cards and
more memory for linux.  Hand-me-down machines, memory and video cards should
all be on the rise if people take to Vista - and you know some will just to
have the latest thing - even if there are no legitimate reasons.  The
increased adoption of 64 bit hardware will probably figure into that too
with more good used 32 bit stuff available.

Prices of the current "high-end" of video cards will start to come down too
as they are replaced and more people want equipment that can run that
polluted interface faster.

-Nate