[Cialug] RedHat ES & scsi tape

John Roach jroach at eastersealsia.org
Mon Jun 12 15:22:04 CDT 2006

Have you tried these?

Method 1:

 # cd /dev; MAKEDEV st

Method 2:

 # cd /dev
 # mknod -m 660 st0 c 9 0
 # mknod -m 660 nst0 c 9 128
 # chown root:tape st0 nst0

John Roach
Director of Information Services
Easter Seals Iowa
(515) 309-1780

This electronic transmission and any documents accompanying this
electronic transmission contain confidential information belonging to
the sender. This information may be legally privileged. The information
is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If
disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in
reliance on or regarding the contents of this electronically transmitted
information is strictly prohibited.