[Cialug] Web Hosting

Jerry Heiselman jweida at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 14:32:12 CDT 2006

Mediacom doesn't block port 80 (at least not anymore).  As far as the static
IP is concerned, I've had my IP now for several months and it hasn't
changed, just so long as you keep a box (router or server) online that is
continually renewing the lease.  Of course, during some maintenances that
they perform, it may change, but those have been few in my experience.

In truth, I would recommend going the dynamic dns route though.  Just takes
the hassle out of the IP changes all together.