[Cialug] uptime

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Thu Jul 6 14:26:00 CDT 2006

If you are running Red Hat on business critical machines, i've found the
"at" command to be very helpful. You can schedule reboots to happen in
the middle of the night when no one is using the system. Just be sure
to pick a time that doesn't conflict with Red Hat's daily maintenance
cron jobs; i usually do the reboot at 3:30.