[Cialug] How the Internet works

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Wed Jul 5 16:00:24 CDT 2006

On 7/5/06, Claus <cniesen at gmx.net> wrote:
> > But, largely, this is a list by and for geeks.
>
> With that I would like to add that it's about Linux not about Internet
> service providers.  While there are a few Internet service providers are
> on the list there are probably also several people that don't know the
> inner workings of the Internet infrastructures.
>
> The initial post didn't had any value in them and are just insults much
> like the blog posting.  I'm here on this list to learn. ...

Actually, I learned how inept some of our senators are.  I knew they
were bad, but to barely make a coherent thought, that's disturbing.
So in essence, I did learn something.

>  ... It's fine to
> point out my faults and stupidness by correcting me.  But I just don't
> care for people saying xyz is an idiot.  Post arguments and don't be an
> idiot yourself.

Perhaps before you throw words like "idiot" around, you should double
check the posts.  I did.  The first appearance of the word was in your
post.  No one called anyone an idiot.

>    Claus

Tim