[Cialug] Free server hardware

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Wed Jul 5 10:01:07 CDT 2006

At work it is that time of year again, the time when we dispose of
hardware that is no longer needed. Alas, i am no longer at the library
so my list of free stuff is very short:

DEC Alpha 3000
This machine is loaded with RAM (don't know how much; but we opened it
and the slots are all full). It was pulled from service a few months
ago. As far as i know it works perfectly. Includes an internal CD drive
and external tape drive. It might come with 3 SCSI hard drives,
depending on if we can get them wiped, otherwise it will only include
mounting hardware for SCSI drives.

Sorry, that's it for now. If interested, please call (phone number is in
the .signature) or e-mail me at work and we can arrange a time for you
to pick it up. First one to pick the machine up gets it. I'd prefer
pick up during business hours (8:00-16:30), but if that is inconvenient
for you, i live really close by so walking over during non-business
hours is not a problem.