[Cialug] Linux Desktop

chris129 at cs.iastate.edu chris129 at cs.iastate.edu
Mon Jan 16 11:01:47 CST 2006

There are things like PCBSD for this now.  I'm not sure how they are, but I know
I'd never recommend straight up FreeBSD to someone who wasn't technical.
I think Ports is too much for most people to learn.  Not installing things with
ports, or even the finding of programs; but recompiling all your programs
dependent on a library when it gets updated!