[Cialug] Dr. Dobbs Journal

Stephen Hawkins ng0g at mchsi.com
Fri Jan 13 19:56:30 CST 2006

amesfug and cialug,

I know a bunch of you are on both lists so pardon me for cross posting this,
and for including some historical info you may already know.

Back in the mid to late 70's when the first CPM based home computers came out,
there was an explosion of computer magazines.  BYTE, and Kilobaud
Micro-computing, were two of the biggest, and there were a bunch of others.
There was one however called Dr. Dobbs Journal that was a cut above the
others.  It was aimed mostly at programmers and the technically astute.  It
still exists today.  I went to Linux world in San Francisco two years in a
row, about 4 years ago, and for doing so, started getting a free
subscription, which has been renewed via email every year since.

In this issued were some cards for me to pass out to someone, like the head
programmer, web-master, vice-president in charge of probability storms, and
all around techno-geek, for some company.

If you are interested:
Go to free.ddjsub.com  use the keycode:  WPCS

There will probably be a megabyte of questions for you to answer, letting them
know how much influence over purchasing power you have as a professional
guru.

If they want any info off the mailing label let me know, I have the latest
issue (it came yesterday) at hand.

Steve
--
73 49 111 01001001