[Cialug] Odd xinetd thing

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Fri Jan 13 13:58:17 CST 2006

For Geeklog we use anonymous CVS for a variety of things via pserver.
All developers access CVS vi ext (i.e. ssh).  Well mysteriously the
pserver stuff stopped working.  All the developers can still commit via
ssh fine but pserver doesn't work.

I ran nmap remotely against the cvs server and it shows port 2401 for
pserver is open but everytime I try to do a cvs login I get:

cvs [login aborted]: Error reading from server cvs.geeklog.net: -1:
Unknown error

Even more odd, I get the same thing when I ssh into the cvs box and run
the same command but if I change the cvs login command to use localhost
it works fine.

I've tried restarting xinetd but that doesn't seem to work.  Any other
ideas?

--Tony