[Cialug] OT: Windows Anti-Virus

Kevin C. Smith kevin at linuxsmith.com
Tue Jan 10 16:55:17 CST 2006

> OK, so this isn't a Linux question, but I need a Windows Anti-Virus
> program for my wife's laptop.  Any recommendations?  Anti-spyware,
> anti-spam might be a nice extra, but mainly I want anti-virus.
>
> Jeff

ClamAV or WinClamAV is all you have for FOSS antivirus; that I'm aware of,
however use as a backup only. It does not have onaccess scanning, and a
few other issues.

AVG the free addition is what I put on most peoples computers when cost
is an issue. It is not FOSS. It gets good reviews.

Check out F-Prot for a reasonably priced antivirus solution also, but
I'm not sure if it will have benefits over AVG.

--
Kevin C. Smith