[Cialug] process hog

Kevin C. Smith kevin at linuxsmith.com
Tue Jan 3 22:29:08 CST 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 22:07 -0500, Dan Hockey wrote:
> I'm running mandriva 2k6 and here lately a process showed up named kded
> and its hogging from anywhere 88-97% cpu use. I can kill it and
> everything seems to work fine afterwards. What is it used for and can I
> kill it for good?
> -dh

It's likely I'm wrong; I use Gnome, but isn't kded a kde daemon that
is needed for KDE to run correctly? CORBA, KOM or whatever KDE uses
type stuff?

--
Kevin C. Smith

When an objection cannot be made formidable, there is some policy in
trying to make it frightful; and to substitute the yell and the
war-whoop, in the place of reason, argument, and good order.
                                                     -- Thomas Paine