[Cialug] Meeting tonight: Location

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Wed Feb 15 10:13:42 CST 2006

Yes, sorry.

It's best to take 235 to the 3rd st exit.  Follow this South to Grand
and take a right if you want the parking deck.
Otherwise, go South to Walnut, and loop the block to find a spot on the
street.

--
-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP
morej at alliancetechnologies.net
515-245-7701

>>>tim_linux at wilson-home.com 02/15/06 9:53 am >>>
Just a note for those who don't get downtown very often, Google maps
(directions) says to get off I-235 at 5th ST.  Isn't the 5th ST ramp
closed?  Would it be better to get off at 7th, or 3rd?

On 2/15/06, Josh More <morej at alliancetechnologies.net> wrote:

> As a reminder, the meeting tonight is at Alliance Technologies,
downtown
>Des Moines.
>
> We are located on the top floor (8) of Capital Square at 400 Locust
St, Des
>Moines, 50309
> Take the elevators to the 8th floor.
> Do *not* take the big bridge across the atrium.  Instead, go towards
the
>wall and turn left.
> Take the little bridge to the Alliance Technologies area.
> Enter our offices through the door on your left.
> The meeting will be in Conference Room 8C (where we have the
projector)
> Walk back through the offices, and take the first door on the left
past the
>lunch room.
>
> Parking should be free on the street and there are some parking decks
that
>should be free as well.
> Follow the URLs below for info.
>
> URLs of interest:
>
> Street map of downtown Des Moines:
>http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=400+Locust+St,+Des+Moines,+IA+50309
>
> Street and Sat map of downtown Des Moines:
>http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=400+Locust+St,+Des+Moines,+IA+50309&ll=41.587194,-93.622602&spn=0.004141,0.01339&t=h
>
> Map of *city* parking areas:
>http://www.knowdowntown.com/pdfs/parking.pdf
>
> Information on all (city and private) parking areas:
>http://www.knowdowntown.com/services/parking/
>
> Explination of why Firefox appears to have memory leaks:
>http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/ben/archives/009749.html
>
> Web page of a bunny eating a leaf:
>http://www.lookoutnow.com/animal/bunny.htm
>
> Some people have too much time: