[Cialug] K3B problem

Stephen Hawkins ng0g at mchsi.com
Tue Feb 14 14:33:06 CST 2006

Jim,

On Tuesday 14 February 2006 13:25, Jim Asbille wrote:
> I have an LG DVD burner and I had problems with Memorex DVDs.  Try another
> brand, Imation are great.

I will get some Imation.  However I still want to get the tarball off that
drive.  I can recreate the files but it will be painful.

> Also, make sure something like Kcd isn't running
> in the background.  Finally, do you have two DVD players or a DVD and
> CD-rom combo?

I have two drives, a DVD RW and a CD RW.  I can burn CD's on either drive and
read them with no problem.  I burned this DVD using K3B and everything went
just like it always does when I have burned CD's, with no errors.  K3B
reported a successful burn.  But after a burn, (I have tried 2 DVDs) the
minute the burn gets done the disk is invisible to the DVD drive no matter
what software I use.  I have taken the DVD from my Linux box, to an iMac with
a "Super Drive", W98 and Wxp.   None can see the disk.  Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Do you know of any Linux DVD data recovery software?

Thanks,
Steve
--
73 49 111 01001001