[Cialug] K3B problem

Stephen Hawkins ng0g at mchsi.com
Mon Feb 13 05:08:17 CST 2006

cialug,

I have K3B 0.12.3 (KDE 3.42 Level B) SuSE 10.0
I have a Toshiba drive and am using Memorex DVDs

I used K3B to do a data burn of one of my dirs to back up the files.   The
burn went successfully according to K3B.  However when I put the disk in the
drive to read it.  All of my software including the K3B that just burned the
DVD says there is no disk in the drive.  Looking carefully as the disk I can
see that it has been burned, but I cannot get the data (a tar ball) off of
it.  I tried a second disk this morning with the same results.
I can however put a movie in the DVD drive and it plays fine.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Steve
--
73 49 111 01001001