[Cialug] mod_rewrite QSA

Barry Von Ahsen barry at vonahsen.com
Wed Feb 1 17:08:35 CST 2006

I'm trying to setup an apache virtual host that will rewrite all queries
with the time to try to defeat some nasty caching proxies.  Has anyone
used QSA?

Here's my container:
<VirtualHost *:80>
         ServerName rewritetest.vonahsen.com
         DocumentRoot /home/barry/public_html/
         RewriteEngine on
         RewriteRule ^/(.*) $1?now=%{TIME} [L,R]
</VirtualHost>

This works, but doesn't preserve my previous query string -
rewritetest.vonahsen.com/index.php successfully rewrites to
index.php?now=20060201165503, and index.php?foo=bar redirects, but the
foo=bar gets clobbered by the now=

changing to [QSA,L,R] excedes redirect limit

anyone know how I can preserve the previous query string?  can I use
$1?%{QUERY_STRING}&now=%{TIME}

-barry