[Cialug] Open Source Workflow

Aaron Korver aaron.korver at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 16:22:36 CDT 2006

Well, one way you could do that is to use an "Enterprise Service Bus" such
as ServiceMix http://servicemix.org/site/home.html or mule
http://mule.codehaus.org/

Then each of your apps calls into the bus and the workflow engine is run
from the bus, not from the apps.  This is more "Service Orientated" and has
a pretty big footprint.  Though it would be one way to solve your technology
agnostic problem.  (Not the best way perhaps, but one way)

I've not run across any specific workflow engines that open source and
technology agnostic.