[Cialug] Homeland Security

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Thu Aug 10 11:14:23 CDT 2006

It is illegal for me to inform you as to whether or not the DHS is
monitoring this list.

--
-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

>>> "Kevin C. Smith" <kevin at linuxsmith.com> 08/10/06 11:04 AM >>>
I was wondering, DHS can order ISPs to hand over email records
without warrants and also order them to not tell their clients. If I
run
my own email server can they order me to hand over my records then do
have to forget it happened? Just a random thought. I'm sure that since
used the word homeland security in this email I'll be getting the
letter
soon. Or, maybe I already have received a letter, handed over my
records,
and forgot about it.

--
Kevin C. Smith