remote dslams (was Re: [Cialug] Mediacom 10:1 offering)

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Thu Apr 13 14:10:09 CDT 2006

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, Barry Von Ahsen wrote:
> Academician Kula wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 01:14:08PM -0500, Barry Von Ahsen wrote:
>>> I mean, how far from a remote dslam can you be and be serviced by it
>>
>> Oh, yeah, I think it's the standard 25K feet or so dsl limit, modulo
>> line condition, taps, bridges, etc.
>>> also, I made up a google map for the dsm metro of the qwest dslams based
>>> on their last disclosure.  if you click on the pin, it shows the address,
>>> and the deployment date
>>> http://www.vonahsen.com/gmap/map.php
>> What data source did you use for that? It would be cool to see it.
> it was hidden somewhere on the qwest wholesaler page.  mr. weis pointed me to
> it originally.
> I'll upload the original docs (2 xls) later (they're at home), but if anyone
> is interested:

Since the fcc was nice enough to relieve the phone monopolies of their
obligations on DSL access, that information is now gone. Heaven forbid
people would try to purchase DSL services from Qwest. Now we just have to
watch for new neighborhoods or backhoes.

--
Dave Weis
djweis at internetsolver.com
http://www.internetsolver.com/