[Cialug] Mediacom 10:1 offering

Brandon Griffis brandongriffis at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 13:03:58 CDT 2006

On 4/13/06, Jeffrey C. Ollie <jeff at ocjtech.us> wrote:

> What are they charging now?

The monthly charge is fine.  For my area it would be $69 on its own or $59
bundled with cable TV (which is what I would do).  However, they normally
wave the install fee for new customers and they currently aren't offering
that with the new service.  That would run an extra $140, which is completly
insane.  As a new customer I also would want to get one of those 3 or 6
month promotions.  IE - Sign up for Cable TV and Internet and we'll throw in
HBO or whatever for 3 months free, or we'll drop your price for 6 months or
whatever.

I'm sure they'll start some promotions rather soon.  I doubt they'll have
many people picking up their new service if it costs them $140 just to get
it setup.

-Gamble